Glad to see you here, popping in to read my articles <3
Summer 2017 opened up new tourist/travel destinations, Lisbon is one of them, I figured Id do a post about this gorgeous city I happen to live in! Better late than never, since summer is almost over… However, Im sure interest towards this place will keep growing since Lisbon has a lot to offer all year along, with its amazing weather, timeless culture and views!
Here are my top tips if you’re planning to come over 🙂
- Get lost in Lisbon – start by walking from Cais do Sodre towards Principe Real and turn into small roads and turns, you’ll find great local restaurants and shops as well as stunning old tiles on the house facades. !Attention! Wear some comfortable shoes, Lisbon is the city on the 7 hills so you’ll be having a lot of ups and a lot of downs, I mean it! Overall, just bring flats and don’t make a fool out of yourself crawling up the Portuguese calcada on heels. It’s funny how locals can see the tourists on their stilettos straight away.. So Don’t do that;)
- Check out areas beside Lisbon center like Belem or Expo. These are small areas for a few hour walk around, but totally worth it with the views. Have an original Pastel de Nata at the cafe Pasteis de Belem and relax in the park by the oriental temples or take a cable car over the Tejo River with the view over the industrialized and more modern neighborhood of Lisboa!
- Take a ferry to the other side “Setubal” and have dinner on the deck side looking over the bridge and Lisbon. Check out restaurant “Ponto Final” and those around it!
- Do a day trip to Arrabida Beaches, wandering through the forests and ending up at the turquoise waters of the “other side”.
- Spend a day in Cascais and Estoril after having a surfing lesson either at Carcavelos or Guincho beaches.
- Sintra is a must! Reserve a full day for visits to the gorgeous palaces of the area. Keep in mind, Sintra has its own micro climate and even if in Lisbon is really hot, Sintra might be covered in thick clouds with much lower temperature and a lot of humidity! Take a jacket with you! Also, watch the sunset on the most western point of Europe – Cabo de Roca, it`s right there!
- Have a drink in one of the multiple rooftop bars in Lisbon – Park, Lost In, Sky Lounge… always choose little “Tascas” for cheap and good typical food!
- If you like to go out then check out these clubs: LUX Fragil – for techno and house vibes, Urban and Lust in Rio for nights with commercial, hip hop and R&B songs with the views over the 25th of April Bridge! Most of the nights in these 2 clubs have free entry for girls until 1h30am, but check that before in the events in facebook, they usually say that below in the description. Another nice program could be staying the whole night in the bars of Bairro Alto with all sorts of music, cheap drinks and a lot of fun with very large amounts of people!
- oh! UBER > Taxi! Easy, better, faster, cheaper! Don’t even bother with cabs, they will rip you off, take you by the longest route and probably won’t even speak English to you… Don’t risk it!
- There is obviously much more but I won’t say what, instead, Ill give you an advice – Talk to the locals that you meet on the streets, restaurants, hostels and hotels! Portuguese people are very kind and friendly, majority speak good English so give it a try, there is no “worst” that can happen, Lisbon is gorgeous in every corner, so either you get lost and find something else or reach the destination and fall in love with the views!
*** You might as well take 2/3 day trips to the other regions like the North – Vila Nova da Gaia *check my posts from 2015…* , Porto and Coimbra, or to the South – Faro, Lagos, and Sagres!
Regarding the look:
Contradicting my word on comfortable shoes and avoiding heels and wedges, I wore these wedges from Zara and this Denim Dress from Asos, that I found quite cute and different since the majority of my dresses are figure fitting, this was a random choice for me. Looking like a lady on a layered cake, I felt great and stylish in it! Paired with favorite sunglasses from Emblem Eyewear and the Best buy ever – the leather bag from Bershka that I haven’t stopped wearing since the day one! You’ll see a lot of posts with it, cos I mean, it fits with literally Everything! Trying to find one for my mom, cos she loved it, but I’m not ready to give it to her yet, so I’d rather buy another. If you have one, and wouldn’t mind selling it – contact me, please! Let’s make my momma happy 🙂 ahah thanksss
Enjoy the photos guys,
xx Your Mash